Pages

9 March 2018

Women Who Lift | 6 Seriously Badass Celebs

Women who lift, celebs, weight training, strong, workout, Khloe Kardashian, Gunnar Peterson, gal gadot, wonder woman
So this blog isn't really one for celebrity news, but normally more organic posts - posts inspired by what I've learnt in my own journey & want to share. However, after reading more & more about the dedication & strong will of some of these starlets, I thought it would be only right to share. Especially since it was International Womens' Day yesterday! After all, they have some inspiring stats & stories when it comes to lifting! So here's a little run down...

Women who lift, celebs, weight training, strong, kate upton
1. K A T E   U P T O N   |   "To me, exercise is about working really hard in the gym to be healthy & feel good & confident about my body. Weight training helps me do that the best... I changed the battle inside my head to be about strength & having balance in my life instead of fitting into a pair of jeans." Kate can currently hip thrust 102kg & sled push 227kg!!!

Women who lift, celebs, weight training, strong, workout, emma stone
2. E M M A   S T O N E   |   For her film 'Battle of the Sexes', Emma packed on 15lbs of lean mussle in a short amount of time. She cut down on the cardio & instead focussed on lifting heavy - 90kg sled pushes & 84kg deadlifts! Impressive!

Women who lift, celebs, weight training, strong, workout, chelsea handler
3. C H E L S E A   H A N D L E R   |   227kg sled pushes - need I say more! That will likely be nearing 4 times her body weight.

Women who lift, celebs, weight training, strong, workout, gal gadot
4. G A L   G A D O T   |   The 'Wonder Women' star is a pure example of tenacity. Prior to the film, Gal could not even do a pull up. However, after 6 months of training 6 hours a day, she has packed on an amazing 14 lbs of muscle. The workouts included 2 hours of fight coreography, 2 hours of horseback riding & 2 hours of gyming, including intense weight training. Now I know this is extreme training, but you have to admire that dedication & will!!!

Women who lift, celebs, weight training, strong, workout, Demi Lovato
5. D E M I   L O V A T O   |   Uses strength training to help combat stress, anxiety & her relationship with food - to keep her mind & body health. "My trainer will make me look in the mirror while I'm lifting weights or doing squats so I can watch my muscles forming... It's encouraging to see myself getting strong. Now I get exciited about seeing muscles instead of bones."

Women who lift, celebs, weight training, strong, workout, Khloe Kardashian, Gunnar Peterson
6. K H L O E   K A R D A S H I A N   |   We all know Khloe for her 'Revenge Body', but behind the beautiful body is a determination like no other. Once again, it's not just about the body, but about a happy, healthy mind for Khloe. Just head over to her instagram for an example of how hard this lovely lady trains.

I hope this inspires you to go out & challenge yourself even further! There's no better feeling than breaking your own records & nothing more addictive when you work out. In the meantime, I would love to hear who inspires you! Happy workouts!

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment