Pages

17 January 2019

So It's 2019 | New Year, No Resolutions?!

So its 2019, no resolution, new year, get fit, eat clean, healthy, happy, diet
 This time last year, I had several goals in place to take me through to the new year. A lot I achieved, some I didn't and others changed with me throughout the year. However this year, I haven't really given it a thought. So when I was asked recently what my resolutions where, I simply said to be a better version of me. And that's what I want to talk to you about today. Like me, you might not have any resolutions in mind. So I thought this might give you a little idea for a few positive changes for 2019 and beyond.

So what do I mean by a better version of myself? Well we can always improve. Be that in fitness, work, relationships, personality - there is always room for improvements. This year I want to take the time to do and be better, to be happier and make others happier around me, to make the most of this year instead of wasting it. So, to be more specific, here are a few ideas how...

S E L F   L O V E   Work on that inner voice. Stop looking in the mirror & pointing out floors. Stop comparing yourself to others. Be kind to yourself!!! Focus on what you like about yourself, your accomplishments, your strengths. Act more confident and your confidence will grow. Find something you're good at & enjoy & you will learn to appreciate yourself even more. Remember, everyone is different. So embrace what makes you you.
So its 2019, no resolution, new year, get fit, eat clean, healthy, happy, lean, muscle
F I T N E S S   What would you love to achieve? Get fit, run a marathon, deadlift 60kg... Or what do you struggle with? Work towards improving on that. Whatever your goals, work towards them, mix things up & challenge yourself more. The more you keep pushing yourself & overcoming hurdles, the more motivated & excited you will become. Your body can achieve a lot more than your mind would have you believe.  

H A P P I N E S S   Something I think we're all guilty of ignoring our own happiness. It's important to slow things down at times & focus on what makes you happy. This could be spending time with family, a partner or friends. Exploring new places. Reading in the garden. Just make time for you, as you are important. Plus your happiness will rub off on the people around you & improve your daily life. So make time for you.

S T R E S S   Again, stop & slow down. Try to isolate the things that are actually important & make a plan of action. Feeling more in control will help you control the stress. As for everything else - be it work load, personal expectations, or others - ask yourself whether you do need to be worrying about them so much... As most of the time we don't. Again, slow things down, write a list and try to get a couple of things achieved a day. Stress will only hinder progress & will make you feel like crap. So it's very important to look after yourself, make realistic targets & don't punish yourself!!!
So its 2019, no resolution, new year, get fit, eat clean, healthy, happy
F O O D   In order to look after yourself, you need to eat well. So this year, try making a few positive steps in the right direction. Eat less processed foods & cook more (try Joe Wicks & Fit Men Cook for easy, quick, healthy recipes). Eat more fruit  & veg. Drink more water. Eat less sugar. What ever you do, do it step by step - don't punish your body & cut everything out at once, as it will be a lot harder to sustain. But, on the flip side, remember to treat yourself on occasion! Balance is key & we don't want to be miserable!!!

M O N E Y   The route of a lot of worries. So this year, try to be better with it. But where to begin? Write down all your monthly outgoings & review - do you really need all those direct debits? Could you save money by switching? Do you need limitless data when your at home & work using their wifi most of the time? Could you save money by shopping at a different supermarket? Next, aim to put away a realistic amount in your savings & pension each month - be it £10 or £100, it all adds up! And vow not to touch it, except for big things (house, car, emergency, rainy day fund...). Final tip, once you know all your outgoings & what you'd like to save, give yourself a weekly allowance for the food shop, fun & anything else you'd like to buy. This really helps me to control my spending!

O T H E R S   Help & consider others. Be polite & friendly. Smile at someone. Make their day a little brighter. Hold open a door. It doesn't have to be big, grand gestures. Sometimes the small ones make the biggest impact. Just think before you act.

P E R S O N A L I T Y   This one continues on from last year. Try to be more positive, happy & friendly. This will have a huge impact on your mood & others around you. Take Kimmy Schmidt for example, I know she's fictional, but her endless positivity is contagious & inspiring. I know I want to be more like that! So think, glass half full...

So that is my aim for 2019. But whatever your goals are, good luck & stick with it! You may have a stumble at times & that's ok, it doesn't mean you have to quit. So stay strong for 2019!!!

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment